- This event has passed.
[Save the Date] – 2023 Annual General Meeting
March 23 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm JST
The 2023 Annual General Meeting will be held online on Thursday, 23 March, from 17h JST until 19h JST.
- Consent to hold a virtual AGM: The Members should agree on the meeting format.
- Amendments to the AoI: Adapt the text to the State’s legal counsel suggestions.
- FY2022 Financial statements: The SpCCJ presents its last year’s financial statements to its members for approval.
- FY2023 Budget: The SpCCJ presents its FY2023 budget to its members for approval.
- Election of the board of directors and auditor: The members elect the board of directors for the period 2022 – 2024.
All the documentation will be shared with the members during the voting process.
On Friday, March 3, the SpCCJ will begin accepting applications for the 2023-2024 SpCCJ Board of Directors term. Below you will find everything you need to know about the upcoming elections, what being on the SpCCJ’s board entails requirements to become and member of the board, and why you may wish to consider joining, to help steer one of Japan’s active and fast-growing chambers in the year ahead.
Serving as a board member of the SpCCJ is an exceptional opportunity to lead and develop activities central to the Spain-Japan business network. While serving on the board requires energy, drive and commitment, it also provides a rewarding opportunity to give back to the community, fostering growth opportunities between the two nations.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is a group of 5-15 current SpCCJ corporate members, elected by other members to address pressing issues and strategies on how to ensure that the organization is operating in the best interest of its stakeholders, including shareholders, customers, employees, and the community.
The Board of Directors decide the purpose and the overall direction of the SpCCJ, and puts in place the strategy for achieving the goals set out for the year. Key responsibilities of the board, in combination with the SpCCJ’s Executive Director, include:
- Setting suitable organisational aims and objectives;
- Setting a budget which allows the SpCCJ to fulfil its purpose;
- Agreeing on policies, targets and priorities;
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of the SpCCJ and the Secretariat.
Each board member will elect to join one of 6 working groups, all of which the SpCCJ has identified as crucial for the future sustainable growth of business in Japan. The working groups help define themes, content and events of interest to the Chamber and support membership growth.